Click any thumbnail to view high resolution fullsize image w/ addition details (where applicable)
• The map sensor is located against the passenger side firewall (red arrow in image to the left).
• Disconnect both negative battery cables.
• To remove the electrical connector from the bottom of the MAP sensor, first slide the red clip downwards to expose the release button, then press the release button while pulling the connector downwards.
• A 1/4" vacuum line runs from the sensor to the intake manifold. It is held on by two quick release clips - use a pair of pliers to release the clip and slide it over the nipple so that the line can be removed. If you are replacing the MAP sensor, it is wise to replace the line as well, which has a tendency to crack over time.
• Installation of the new sensor is reverse.